- One blue hubbard squash, cut in half lengthwise, and seed/pulp removed
- Two 16 oz. packages pork breakfast sausage, thawed
- Two Granny Smith apple, coarsely chopped
- One Vidalia onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fairenheit.
- Butter the entire surface of both halves of the squash, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake squash cavity-down on a large baking sheet for 30-45 minutes or until flesh is soft when pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile brown sausage in a fry pan on medium heat, for about 10 minutes. Add chopped onions and apples to the mixture and cook another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven and stuff with sausage apple mixture. Sprinkle brown sugar on top, and bake cavity-side up at 400 degrees Fairenheit for another 10 minutes.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!